New Student Profile
The Medical program applicant must display basic knowledge and skills in the areas of science, as well as a command of language, logical thinking and critical capacity. Research skills, use of information and communication technology tools, and command of languages are equally well valued.
The future medical student must be committed to being part of an educational project of comprehensive training with the capacity for self-management of their learning, in adherence to our vision as a School of Medicine: «To be the leading school in the Dominican Republic in training and insertion of competent medical professionals, with ethical criteria, who self-manage their knowledge upkeep, with a vocation for service, social commitment and leadership in the permanent search for solutions through research and consensus.»
The vocation of service, high level of sensitivity and empathy, capacity for teamwork, discretion, ethical and moral principles, are part of the values that the candidate must possess.
Academically, we seek students with a minimum average of 2.5 on the 4.0 scale, and who show good performance in the admission tests established as an institutional prerequisite.
Admission requirements for medical students
- Complete admission form
- UNIBE admission exam
- High school certificate
- High school transcripts
- Certificate of National Tests for students who have completed high school in the Dominican Republic.
- Legalized birth certificate
- Medical certificate
- Four (4) 2×2 photos
- Certificate of Non-Delinquency (issued by the authorities of the country where you have resided for the last two years).
- Copy of ID card (if you are a foreigner, copy of the passport).
Additional requirements for Medicine program applicants
- Copy of your immunization record, stating that you have been immunized against Hepatitis «B» and Tetanus, with their respective booster shots.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation on stamped paper (letterhead), two (2) from professors and one (1) from a medical professional. Letters must be original, signed and sealed by the recommender. Letters of recommendation issued by family members or relatives of the applicant will not be accepted. (Only for applicants of the Medical program).
- Personal essay of 400 to 700 words.